Yoga is a peace of mind. Its a way of living. According to Bhagavad Gita ”Yoga is said to be equanimity, yoga is an skill to action.” Yoga was first introduced in India after that in west. There are endless yoga benefits. It cleanses our mind and body.
The first known appearance of the word yoga is in the Katha Upanishads ( Katha Upanishad is one of the primary upanishad embedded in the last short eight sections of the Katha school of Krishna Yajurveda. It’s considered as one of the very important upanishad.)
The true meaning of yoga is a bond with the Divine. If you ask the meaning of Yoga to 10 different saints, you tend get 10 different answers. We do have many unique different yoga poses. In order to know the real meaning of Yoga, start with the etymology of the word itself.
Yoga is a way of living
Benefits of Yoga
There are various benefits of Yoga and there are plethora of yoga poses. Yoga provides both mental and physical health benefits. Some of the unique health benefits of yoga are as follows-
- Improves Flexibility :- One of the best benefit of yoga is that it makes your body flexible which eventually improves body posture. And inflexibility in muscles can cause muscles pain and lean posture.
- Build Muscle Strength :- Yoga helps to maintain and build muscle strength. It protect us against severe health conditions like arthritis and back pain, etc. Stronger muscles not just make you look good but prevent you from various health issues.
- Increase your Blood Flow :- Yoga helps your blood flowing. So all the yoga poses you do helps in blood circulation, especially in your hands and feet. Yoga also gets more oxygen to your cells.
- Lower the risk of heart attack :- When you regularly do yoga, your heart rate get into aerobic range, which helps to lower the risk of heart attack. And even it helps you fight depression as yoga cleanses your mind.
- Makes you happier :- Feeling blue? Sit in Lotus pose. Lotus pose tends to increase serotoni levels and decrease in the level of monoamine oxidase and cortisol. So next time when you are sad, do yoga.
- Maintains blood sugar level :- Yoga helps to maintain blood sugar level to normal. As yoga controls stress which helps to decrease elevated blood sugar. Even there are various yoga poses that we will discuss below.
Yoga is a dance between control and surrender
Unique Yoga Poses
Are you looking for unique yoga poses? Here is the list of unique yoga poses that one must try at home.
- Butterfly Pose : This pose is also known as Baddha Konasana. This is unique postion that creates a pecaful place for delving ino a meditation state that includes deep and calm breaths coordinated with the leg movement.
- Cobra Pose : This yoga pose is also known as Bhujangasana. This is a reclining back-bending asana in hatha yoga and its one of modern yoga poses. This yoga pose help to decrease stiffness of your lower back and enhance your flexibility and makes yours shoulders and arms stronger.
Suggested Post : Best Fuse Shower Ever
- Fish Pose : Fish pose is also known as Matsyasana. It is a reclining back-bending asana in hatha yoga pose and modern yoga as exercise. You have to stretch your naval, throat and front of the neck in order to have exact fish pose. This yoga pose improves upper back muscles and the back of the neck which help to improves spinal flexibility and posture.
- Firefly Pose : Wanna to fly high? Try this unique yoga pose. This yoga pose is also known as Tittibhasana. You just need to bring the left arm and shoulder underneath the back of the left thigh and slowly place you left hand on the floor and do the same on the other side and calmly lift yourself up. Voila! You’re fling. Note : Consult a Doctor before beginning this exercise or yoga pose.
- Peacock Pose : Its also known as Mayurasana. This is hand-balancing asana in hatha yoga and a modern yoga as exercise with the body held horizontal over the hands. What makes this pose a unique yoga pose ? It helps to remove toxins and detoxifies your body. It helps to make your digestive system function nicely and this pose is very beneficial for diabetic patients.
- Dolphin Pose : This yoga pose is also known as Ardha Pincha Mayurasana. This pose makes your core arms and legs stronger. Moreover this yoga pose help to bring flexibility to the spine, calves and arches. It is also proved as an effective remedy for headache, insomnia, fatigue and mild depression.
- Rabbit Pose : Rabbit pose is also known as Sasangasana. One of the very unique yoga poses. This pose gives a good amount o stretch to the upper body which releases pressure on the spinal nerves. It helps to increase body consciousness with breathing, keeps hormones in control and helps is releasing stress.
- Cow Pose : It is a gentle exercise which bring flexibility to the spin and warms the body. This exercise is good for winters. This pose also open the chest which leads to slow and deep breath. this pose helps to improve posture and balance, enhances coordination and creates emotional balance. Yes, it also helps to relieve stress and makes your mind calm and composed.
So these are some of the unique and best yoga poses that energizes and cleanses your body. Each yoga poses has its own importance and important for maintaining healthy lifestyle. Here are the list of few yoga equipment which one must have.
- Yoga Mat : This 173cm x 61cm x 6mm anti-skid thick yoga mat is what you need today. One of best the yoga workout mat and also best for floor exercises. It provides padding and support which helps you to perform the posture comfortably and highly washable. This mat is made up of textured patterned foam material. No slip bottom which provides stability during yoga.
- Yoga Block : yoga block help you perform yoga poses comfortably. It’s PV foam with soft and smooth texture. Moreover its skid resistant. Best for Yoga.
- Eco-Friendly Cork Fitness Yoga Wheel : One of the best yoga wheel in the market made of 100% natural cork. Its unparalleled in it superior quality construction. Boasts a comfort-focused dense performance padding. Yogi’s all around the world have claimed it to be everything they expected and more. It is built to last a lifetime. It improve your yoga: At a same time its considered to be the BEST back opener & stretcher you could have, this yoga wheel will open you up to new sequences & forms.
So these are few essential yoga items that one must have all time. Try these yoga poses and let us know how’s it. We love to hear from you!